SHIFT: No Weekends
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Evaluates and treats patients with movement dysfunction and pain resulting from injury, disease or other health related conditions.
Treats disorders with physical agents and methods to assist in restoring normal function after illness or injury.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Orthopedic, neuro, spine care, pulmonary including but not limited to joint replacement, fractures, CVA/TIA, soft tissue injury, etc.
- Performs Functional Assessments and Re-assessments: Assessment of patient is completed according to unit policy. Collects pertinent subjective and objective information. Performs an assessment appropriate to the specific patient case scenario. Formulates appropriate assessment/re-assessment, treatment, plan of care and goals, which are individualized to the specific patient. Re-assesses patient per department policy; takes appropriate action based on re-assessment. Potential discharge needs are identified and documented.
- Treats Patients: Selects and applies appropriate physical therapy techniques, procedures, exercises and therapeutic modalities based on current standards of clinical practice. Selects and utilizes rehab equipment in a safe and effective manner. Modifies the treatment program when indicated, in order to maximize patient progress.
- Documentation: Completes documentation on the same day that treatment was rendered. Documents on all appropriate forms. Documentation meets generally accepted professional standards.
- Supervision: Appropriately directs the activities of Physical Therapist Assistants, PT Technicians, students and volunteers. Ensures that treatment plans and documentation are carried out correctly by Physical Therapist Assistants. Initiates corrective action (in conjunction with director) when individuals supervised fall below standards.
- Interdisciplinary Interactions: Communicates and collaborates with interdisciplinary team regarding: patient status, discharge plans, equipment needs, recommendations, and other patient issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
BS in Physical Therapy
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- 1-2 years experience in any therapy setting
- New graduates accepted
- Knowledge of Physical Therapy principles and practices, general anatomy and physiology, diseases and post surgical conditions, body movements and functions, and medical terminology.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish