SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Sunrise Hospital and Sunrise Children’s Hospital have once
again been recognized as the #1 hospital in the Las Vegas metropolitan area by
U.S. News and World Report! Sunrise is thrilled and honored to have been named
the top hospital in Las Vegas both times U.S. News has released its regional
rankings. Additionally, Sunrise Hospital and Sunrise Children’s Hospital
has been voted Nevada’s Consumer Choice Hospital for fifteen consecutive years
is the result of the commitment our physicians, staff and volunteers have to
providing the highest quality care and service to our community. For
additional information about our hospital, please visit www.sunrisehospital.com
and learn more about the care and services provided by the facility and our
community involvement. Sunrise is a 730+bed facility, we are the largest
HCA facility, as well as being the largest in the State of Nevada. We are
a Trauma II Level Medical Center.
Position: Oncology RN - Part Time Nights
Specifics on the Adult Oncology Services Unit :
private rooms on the 4th floor of Tower II on the Sunrise campus
area for a family member in every patient room
rooms wired for telemetry monitoring
pleasing environment with a quiet, secluded feeling that offers warmth and
comfort to patients and visitors
experienced staff knowledgeable in the latest treatments, techniques and
Cancer Society Patient Navigator and volunteers on-site as needed to
assist patients and their families throughout their hospital stay
during visiting hours
administered by registered nurses with specialized training
pharmacists are specially trained in chemotherapy
Certified Registered Nurse
Cancer Resource Center that provides information on diagnosis and
treatment for patients and their families
rooms have wi-fi connectivity
Cancer Care program at Sunrise is accredited by the American College of
Surgeons' Commission on Cancer and is recognized by the Commission on
Cancer as a Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program (the only such
program in Las Vegas), which means our program meets stringent criteria
for services and quality
The Registered Nurses manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Utilizing the nursing process, provides care for patients with cancer.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Cares for patients requiring long term pain management.
- Cares for patients receiving chemotherapy.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Please complete the online
assessment that was sent to your e-mail upon submission of your employment
application. If you do not see this in your regular, e-mail please check
your spam folder.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada
EDUCATION: Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Basic computer and hospital informatics skills required.
Specialty Certification were required; example: Chemotherapy; ACLS; PALS;
Complies with hospital employee health, infection control and safety management programs
EXPERIENCE: Current acute clinical care experience preferred
LICENSURE: Current Nevada license to practice Nursing
Independently maintains license
Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice
AGE SPECIFIC DATA: Maintains current knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and
Demonstrates the ability to incorporate knowledge into nursing process.