Webster, TX, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center – Webster, TX
Medical Technologist - Laboratory
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a 610-bed facility in the heart of Bay Area Houston, was founded in 1972. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. From fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, we ensure Bay Area residents receive the best available healthcare in their own community.
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Medical Technologist.
- Authorized to perform diagnostic test procedures accurately in accordance with the written policies and procedures.
- Adhere to quality control protocols. Perform and document prescribed maintenance procedures.
- Can work without supervision & may exercise independent judgment in error identification and problem solving. Uses appropriate resources as needed.
- Report work accurately, legibly and in accordance with the criteria for abnormal and critical values. Does not need supervisory review prior to reporting results.
- Work efficiently and respond to stats and other priority tests to provide optimum patient care.
- Interact professionally with lab personnel and with other hospital departments.
- Assist with evaluation of equipment and procedures, orienting new employees and training students.
- May be assigned to other tasks and/or required to vary schedule to meet the needs of the laboratory and the patients.
- Will comply with universal precautions and adhere to safety standards and practices.
- Will use the Laboratory Computer System and will be assigned to the security level appropriate to the job.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the ASPIRE standards.
- Preferable one to two years of clinical experience, but consideration may be given to a new graduate.
- Bachelor degree in Medical Technology. Prefer an MT certification.
- Must be detail oriented and able to operate mechanical, electrical and computer controlled instrumentation. Must have a working knowledge of PCs and Lab Information Systems. Possess knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the population of the patients served.