SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
CT Technologist – Radiology
Conroe Regional Medical Center, where high-quality care meets the comfort and convenience of a hospital close to home. We have been meeting the healthcare needs of the Montgomery County region for more than 75 years.
As a regional, tertiary referral center, other hospitals rely on us when a higher level of care is necessary. We have 342 beds, 1,200 employees, more than 400 physicians on staff, and the resources of the largest healthcare provider in the nation - HCA.
Conroe Regional Medical Center has achieved recognition as a Certified Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and designation as a Level II Trauma facility. CRMC also has a Level III Neonatal ICU for the most vulnerable patients.
Conroe Regional Medical Center
is currently looking for a CT Technologist – Radiology
(CT Technologist) – Under the general direction of the Director and Manager of Imaging Services and the Supervisor of CT, the CT Technologist is responsible for the provision of computed tomographic radiographs to patients in accordance with physicians' orders. The CT Technologist provides for patient safety and high quality testing. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required to interact with patient, physicians, visitors, and other staff members. Rapidly changing work flow requires an ability to handle high stress environments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Prepares patients for CT exam, explains procedure and ensures technical quality.
- Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately provide quality CT examinations in a timely manner.
- Is able to handle high volume, high stress situations.
- Has exceptional critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education.
- Upholds the highest standards of customer service at all times (“customer” includes patients, family members, co-workers, referring physicians, etc.).
- Actively participates in P.I. activities established by the Imaging Department.
- Possesses knowledge of medical terminology sufficient to work accurately within the Imaging Department.
- Serves as a mentor and resource to less experienced staff/students.
- Completes other tasks and activities as assigned.
- Adheres to the Customer Services Principles of Clear Lake Regional Medical Center.
Associates, Diploma or BSRT degree in Radiologic Technology
Previous experience in CT in a clinic or hospital setting is preferred.
LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
Current registration with ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)
Advanced certification in CT required within 6 months of employment
Current licensure by the Texas Medical Board
Current BLS from American Heart Association