SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Case Manager - Registered Nurse - PRN (per diem). Must have KS RN license and minimum 3 years recent acute care or Case Management experience. Must be available for up to 2 Saturdays per month and possible weekday relief as needed. Hours 8am - 4:30pm; Able to participate in mandatory 1 week orientation.
Learn more about working at Overland Park Regional Medical Center: http://bit.ly/2fQGYbB
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978.
The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians. Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women’s Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
Case Manager - Registered Nurse Responsibilities:
- Ensures all admissions and continued stays meet clinical criteria for appropriateness and medical necessity. Assesses discharge planning needs and coordinates the delivery of care to meet these needs.
- Develops, initiates, and coordinates individual patient case management plans to ensure appropriate level of care across the continuum. Ensures plan meets patient's clinical, psychological and discharge needs in collaboration with the attending physician and interdisciplinary team.
- Performs admission certification screening for patients in accordance with Utilization Plan using ISD criteria, and performs concurrent stay reviews at least every 72 hours for medical necessity using ISD criteria. Maintains documentation on discharge planning notes and charts on patient’s record.
- Evaluates patients educational needs concerning continuum of care and available services and provides information and materials regarding community resources, discharge options, and pre and post treatment options and costs to patient and patient families.
- Monitors and controls the use of healthcare resources to achieve desired patient outcomes, decrease length of stay, and decrease resource utilization. Identifies and documents delays in care and services and reports findings to department director.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
- Completion of RN/BSN/MSN Diploma program
- Minimum of three years recent acute clinical practice or related health care experience
- ER, ICU, or TELE background is strongly preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse license in state of practice
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
- Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills, strong knowledge of governmental and private organization and community resources.
An Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/H/V).