SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Centerpoint Medical Center – Independence, MO
Registered Nurse (RN) – Surgery (OR) - PRN days (with rotating call)
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In recent years, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Centerpoint Medical Center features 285 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Centerpoint Medical Center features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women’s Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
- PRN employees are eligible to participate in our 401k benefit!
Relocating to Kansas City? Learn more about what Kansas City has to offer:
- Under the general direction of the Clinical Manager/Director, coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care for geriatric, adult, adolescent (16 years and over), and pediatric (6 months to 16 years,).
- Nursing care is provided in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice, the generic and unit structure standards and/or AORN Standards of care if appropriate.
- This is a PRN day position in our Operating Room. We can be flexible with 8 hour shifts, 10 hour shifts or 12 hour shifts. There will be rotating call involved with this position.
- Must have at least 1 year of current RN Surgery (OR) experience to be considered for this PRN RN Surgery position.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Surgery team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
- Clinical experience appropriate to area worked:
- Must have at least 1 year of current RN hospital Surgery experience.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Graduation from a school of nursing required.
- Current Missouri RN licensure required.
- BCLS required.
- ACLS within one year of hire date.
- CNOR preferred.