Physical Therapist Outpatient Rehab PRN
Independence, MO, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Centerpoint Medical Center – Independence, MO
Physical Therapist (PT) – Outpatient Rehab PRN
Centerpoint Medical Center features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
Centerpoint Medical Center features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women’s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
Centerpoint Medical Center
is currently looking for a Physical Therapist (PT) – Outpatient Rehab.
- The outpatient physical therapist functions as a member of the healthcare team.
- The purpose is to provide medically prescribed physical therapy programs in the hospital in accordance with national standards and administrative policies of the hospital.
- The goal is to restore function and prevent disability following disease, injury, surgery or loss of a body part in order to allow the patient to perform to his/her maximum ability.
- The Physical Therapist provides care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
- The outpatient rehab services department provides outreach services and education for the community of which the physical therapist is an active participant in.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy from an APTA accredited program.
- Missouri P.T. License, BLS
- It is preferred that additional certification is obtained in one of the following areas:
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (APTA)
- Sports Physical Therapy Clinical Specialist (APTA)
- Athletic Training Certification
- Neurology Clinical Specialist (APTA)
- Certified Spinal Manipulative Therapist or other certification as approved by Manager/Director