SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a Registered Nurse to join our Cath Lab Team!
The Emerald Coast features world famous vacation destinations of Destin, Fort Walton Beach and Okaloosa Island and is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is one of the nation's top performers on quality measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. The hospital has the tri-county's only comprehensive cardiovascular program. It is also the only acute care hospital in the area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, a Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is affiliated with UAB and accredited by the Commission on Cancer.
Provide all nursing care during special procedures (Angiography, Cardiac Catheterization, etc.). Assume responsibility and accountability for several patients during a designated time frame while following policies and procedures of Fort Walton Beach Medical Center. Prioritizes and organizes patient flow to ensure best utilization of time. Is given general guidance and is expected to function with initiative and sound judgement to provide quality services. Demonstrate effective safety practices. Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and Medical Staff. Demonstrate competence when performing other related or licensed functions.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate degree required
- Current RN license in Florida required
- BLS and ACLS required within 90 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 1 year acute care experience required
- 1 year critical care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician’s orders
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff members
- Good knowledge of cardiac drugs and arrhythmias
- Knowledge of hemodynamic monitoring helpful, but not required
- Knowledge of sterile procedures
- Ability to listen, empathize, and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- This position is exposed to ionizing radiation and requires the employee to wear a lead apron and stand for long periods of time
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.