SHIFT: No Weekends
Weekday Evenings. Extra shift differential for the evening hours. FULL-TIME!!!
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider the Memorial Savannah Medical Center in Savannah, GA.
We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team.
Memorial Savannah Medical Center
is a 612-bed hospital in Savannah, Georgia. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies, and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 trauma center
, the region's only children's hospital
Memorial Health serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Memorial Health system includes primary and specialty care doctors, business services, and NurseOne, our 24-hour call center. We also have a major medical education program that trains residents in diagnostic radiology, family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, and surgery.
Memorial Health Medical Center has earned local, regional, and national honors. At Memorial Health, we are not content with business as usual. Our goal is to create a new standard for excellence that will not only serve our current patients, but also change the future of medicine. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued?
Click here for our 2018 Year-End Celebration!
We’d love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
We offer you a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, tuition reimbursement and employee stock purchase plan.
We are searching for an Ultrasound Technologist for a full-time, weekends only. Three 12 hour shifts, Fri-Sun.
- Performs diagnostic scans and procedures using applied principles and protocols.
- Properly performs positive patient identification and follows red rules and invasive procedures process.
- Introduction of patient to self, registered technologists and physician if appropriate.
- Prepares patient for examination by proper gowning and explanation of procedure to patient.
- Identifies patient by both verbal and visual methods as established by the organization.
- Acquires appropriate history from patient as relative to the exam.
- Interviews patients for procedures (history/diagnosis) and verifies physicians orders.
- Display knowledge of anatomy/abnormality.
- Compares radiology requisition with written order before proceeding with exam.
- Accepts responsibility for correction of orders.
- Ensures previous exams are available as appropriate, accepts responsibility for call report process.
- Displays and performs scans/ procedures efficiently and accurately.
- Displays effective communication that maintains efficient working relationships with patients and all related medical personnel.
- Keeps the department and work area clean, neat and well stocked at all times.
- Able to operate all equipment proficiently and report deficiencies including ultrasound machines, PCs and PACS.
Education, License and Certification Requirements:
1.Certificate/diploma minimum from accredited ultrasound school/program
3.Current ARRT (S), ARRT (VS) or RDMS or RVT
4. 6 months of clinical experience
Education, License and Certification Preferred:
1. Associates Degree
2. RDMS and RVT; ARRT (S) and RVT or ARRT (VS)
3. 1 year or more experience