SHIFT: Weekends Only
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider Memorial Health, committed to building a health community across the greater Savannah area. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission. We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team.
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 612-bed hospital in Savannah, Georgia. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies, and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 trauma center, the region's only children's hospital, and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. Memorial Health proudly serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
We’d love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
We offer you a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, paid time off, 401k, medical, dental vision and life insurance, tuition reimbursement and employee stock purchase plan.
Seeking a Full Time, Weekends Only, MRI Technologist.
- Performs diagnostic MRI procedures on in and out patients as ordered by the requesting clinician.
- Complies with the Memorial Health Compliance Program, related policies and procedures and the Code of Business Practices; reports instances of perceived and actual non-compliance to Team Leader or through other reporting mechanisms.
- Complies with the Memorial Health Compliance Program, related policies and procedures and the Code of Business Practices; reports instances of perceived and actual non-compliance to Team Leader or through other reporting mechanisms
- World Class Makes a positive impression on customers by behaving in ways that are warm, welcoming, professional and helpful and by eliminating barriers that stand in the way of safety and the provision of best practice care.
- Displays mutual Respect for patients, physicians, team members, visitors, and family/significant others.
- Demonstrates action of “My Memorial” via keeping interior and exterior surroundings clean and orderly; dressing professionally and displaying team member identification badge at collar level; presenting Memorial in a positive light to others; providing constructive criticism in order to improve Memorial; actively “Create a Safe Day” for patients, Team Members, guests, and myself.
- Behaves in a Trustful manner by communicating openly and honestly; following through with assignments; behaving in a fair and consistent manner; and supporting teamwork at all levels of the organization.
- Seeks opportunities to incorporate Enjoyment in the workplace by celebrating accomplishments of the organization, self, and others; and helping to remove barriers to enjoyment in the workplace.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with patients, families, and customers; gains trust and respect.
- Demonstrates through actions that patients, families, and customers are a priority. Anticipates patient, family and customer needs and actively seeks feedback.
- Consistently utilizes Patient and Family Centered Care principles and practices as our model of patient care.
- Performs MRI procedures safely, performs safely screening procedures on patients and visitors in the MRI suite, Serves as MRI gatekeeper for safety in the MRI suite. Understand MRO safety zones 1-4 and enforces compliance with policy.
- Visually and audibly monitors patients during MRI exams. Completes procedures in a timely manner and follows all MRI and dept. protocols.
- Performs QA checks on equipment and follows proper hand hygiene and positive patient identification practices and policies. Contributes to a supportive Team Environment.
- Follows emergency call back procedures. Participates with management to flex with volume to meet productivity expectations and department staffing needs.
- Demonstrates effective verbal, non-verbal, and written communication with co-workers, patients, guests
- Actively monitors overtime for self and acts to limit via communication to team lead. Follows call-back procedures appropriately.
- Understand the need to efficiently utilize department resources.
- Certificate of accredited MRI program or radiology program
- Associates Degree preferred
- BLS; and must meet ONE of the following through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT):
1. ARRT (MR) registered
2. New graduate from accredited radiology program, must pass registry *ARRT (R) or ARRT (MR) within 6 months from graduation
a. *Must obtain ARRT (MR) within 18 months from obtaining ARRT (R)
3. ARRT (R) (Radiography) registered and required to obtain/successfully pass ARRT (MR) (Magnetic Resonance) within 2 years from hire date;
ARRT (MR) preferred