SCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemHouston Northwest Medical Center
- Houston, Texas Registered Nurse (RN)
- Rehab PRN
Since 1973, Houston Northwest Medical Center offering 423 licensed beds has been providing comprehensive healthcare to the North Houston communities. The hospital is known for its maternity and women’s services, including a Level II Neonatal ICU, and for its cardiac care as well as bariatric and diabetes programs. In addition to its hospital emergency room, Houston North West Medical Center operates two urgent care centers Houston Northwest Medical Center
is currently accepting applications for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Rehab
. This is a full time position.
The Registered Nurse coordinates, supervises and is accountable for safe professional nursing care of patients within an assigned department. The RN must be able to prioritize work and duties well and must work well under stressful situations. They have to demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with a variety of patients, physicians, and other health care providers both internal and external to the organization, and must make accurate clinical decisions and judgments quickly. Demonstrate proficiency in understanding and calculating medication dosages, and demonstrate thorough knowledge of the side effects and hazards of various pharmacologic agents administered.
• Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period.
• Demonstrates professional behavior and conduct at all times.
• Demonstrates and maintains good employee/peer relationship and teamwork.
• Prioritize work and duties and must work well under stressful situations.
• Demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with patients, families, physicians, peers and healthcare team.
• Demonstrates accountability for direct patient care, applies nursing process, prioritizes care and evaluates outcome.
• Participates and facilitates in the discharge planning process and assists with decreasing readmissions.
• Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills to develop a rapport with patients, their families, and health team members and to ensure the fulfillment of requirements for legal documentation and reimbursement.
• Coordinates nursing care activities in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team to facilitate achievement of overall goals.
• Participates in Performance Improvement activity.
• Participates in the interdisciplinary team process at team conferences and other team meetings and offers input into team decision making.
Graduate of approved and accredited nursing program (A.D.N/B.S.N)
Current RN Licensure in the State of Texas
Basic BLS from an AHA provider
24 months of clinical RN experience in an acute care setting preferred