SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball – Tomball, Texas
Registered Nurse Case Manager (RN)
Since 1976, Tomball has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 350 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, the Tomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball
is currently looking for a
Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager
In collaboration with the patient/family, social workers, physicians and interdisciplinary team, the case manager ensures patient progression through the continuum of care in an efficient and cost effective manner. The case manager is responsible for identifying, initiating and managing optimal patient flow/throughput to enhance continuity of care, smooth and safe transitions, patient satisfaction, patient safety and length of stay management. Support and expertise are provided through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Care coordination, utilization review and management, as well as discharge planning are accountabilities of this role. Working closely with the House Supervisor relative to bed management, bed capacity issues are addressed in a timely manner and on an ongoing basis. Education is provided to physicians and other members of the team on the issues related to utilization review including inappropriate admissions and placements. Payer-based requests regarding individual members are fulfilled, where appropriate and pertinent. The case manager adheres to departmental and organizational goals, objectives, standards of performance and policies and procedures, continually assuring quality patient care and regulatory compliance. Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in the collaborative program which requires review of patient activities related to medical necessity of hospitalization, appropriateness of length of stay, timely and appropriate utilization of services rendered, and identification of patient needs related to patient care following discharge.
- Facilitates discharge planning efforts to promote timely and safe discharge from the hospital. The case manager promotes quality care and cost-effective outcomes to enhance the physical, psychosocial and vocational health of individuals.
- The position encompasses assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating health-related service options throughout the continuum.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current or pending licensure in Texas as an RN.
- Five years professional nursing or social work experience desirable.
- Certification in Case Management desirable.