SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Putnam Community Medical Center, a 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Drive, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers a 10-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
- Support PCMC’s hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities.
- The Assistant is responsible to assist the professional staff by performing various patient care activities and related nonprofessional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patients. Responsible for the delivery of patient care (baths, personal grooming, feeding) as directed by the Manager, RN, or LPN.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees
- Champion PCMC’s mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company
- Perform patient care as defined by scope of practice – duties may include but not limited to taking vital signs, assisting patients with bathing, eating, dressing, transfers and ambulation, repositioning patients in bed to prevent skin breakdown, change linens, record oral intake and measure urinary output, collect specimens for tests, supply and empty bed pans, interact with patients and family, and transport patients and equipment.
- Monitor patients and report any variances from normal to the nurse Collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of CNA actions. Document care according to hospital policies and procedures and in a clear, concise and legible manner.
- Report/document all incidents such as errors and patient incidents to hospital staff as defined in hospital policy and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, neat, and clean environment; report environmental deficiencies to the charge nurse such as lighting or equipment problems.
- Protect the personal belongings of each resident including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing, memorabilia, etc. Promptly report missing items according to established policy and participate in efforts to locate missing items.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for patients and co-workers
- Respond promptly to patient emergencies in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times according to hospital policy and procedures and HIPAA requirements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent. Depending on the role either successful completion of a Nursing Assistant Certification course or other education which meets state certification requirements or graduate of an EMT or Paramedic Program
Experience: Depending on the role, one (1) year experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant, or one (1) year of EMT or Paramedic experience in lieu of graduation from and EMT or Paramedic Program.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: BLS, For the CNA, must hold current Nursing Assistant Certification in Florida or be eligible to obtain certification within four months of employment.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
Effective reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus