SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Celebrating more than a 50 year history of healing, Citrus Memorial Hospital is the leading provider of healthcare in Citrus County and the surrounding area. More than 150 physicians and 1,000 employees at the 198-bed acute care hospital offer a wide range of services including 24-hour emergency room care, heart and vascular surgery, orthopedic and spine surgery, and women’s services. Citrus Memorial is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and is fully licensed by the State of Florida.
- Performs decontamination, assembling, packaging, sterilization, and storage procedures.
- Follows the correct procedure for correct and safe preparation of all instruments and supplies.
- Maintains knowledge of operation of all equipment in SP and reports any malfunctions immediately.
- Maintains and cleans open area and equipment on routine basis.
- Checks and maintains the proper level of supplies and equipment in central storage on a routine basis, rotating when necessary.
- Follows standards established by infection control.
- Assists in locating supplies and equipment for procedures done in operating room and other hospital departments.
- Inspects instruments for correctness, weight and work ability.
- Demonstrates knowledge of dating system and monitors sterilization parameters according to established policies and procedures.
- Assists in emergency situations as needed to obtain necessary supplies.
- Assists with ordering supplies used in Central Sterile.
- Assures that charges are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains crash cart supplies, central line carts, and cath cart.