SHIFT: No Weekends
Health and Outcomes Research Investigator
*This is a Nashville,
TN based position at our corporate headquarters.
Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, offers
integrated cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for
those facing cancer in communities across the United States and United Kingdom.
Sarah Cannon’s cancer programs include individualized patient navigation
provided by oncology-trained nurses, more than 1,000 stem cell transplants
performed annually throughout the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, hundreds
of clinical trials, and molecular profiling capabilities. Through its services,
Sarah Cannon is providing state-of-the-art cancer care close to home for
hundreds of thousands of patients, a number unmatched by any single cancer
By bringing together a network of
globally-recognized cancer experts, we are collaborating and sharing best
practices that address every aspect of the cancer journey, from screening and
diagnosis through treatment and survivorship.
Sarah Cannon Research Institute is the
research arm of HCA Healthcare’s global cancer institute, Sarah Cannon. Focused
on advancing therapies for patients, it is one of the world’s leading clinical
research organizations conducting community-based clinical trials throughout
the United States and United Kingdom. Sarah Cannon’s network of strategic sites
includes more than 275 physicians who engage in research. The organization has
led more than 300 first-in-man clinical trials since its inception in 1993, and
has been a clinical trial leader in the majority of approved cancer therapies
over the last 10 years.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
The Health Economics
and Outcomes Research Investigator is responsible for the planning, management,
production, preparation, and analysis of various outcomes research studies or
projects. This person will play a critical role in contributing to the growth
of the clinical evidence and outcomes program across the Sarah Cannon Care and
HCA network. This position will coordinate with Sarah Cannon colleagues in
Strategic Development, Clinical Programs, IT, Development Innovations and
Clinical Operations as well as HCA Service Line leadership and physicians to
lead and support outcomes, health economics, prospective/retrospective data,
real world data, patient reported outcomes and epidemiologic research projects.
The role will also be responsible for developing and ensuring effectiveness of
programs aimed at promoting coordination, collaboration and alignment across
outcomes research activities within and across HCA service lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not
Organizational Strategy Execution support:
- Build and manage strategic internal and external
relationships in order to expand existing outcomes projects, develop new
opportunities, facilitate work and achieve business goals.
- Collaborate with physician and clinical thought
leaders in the design and application of outcomes/health economics research in
alignment with strategic goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to
implement and evolve Data Systems Architecture to support analytic-based
outcomes research and real-world-evidence efforts.
- Develop and promote program(s) to ensure
coordination, efficient resource utilization and strategic alignment in
outcomes research activities within and across HCA service lines.
- Support concept development, protocol design,
and analytic plan development for outcomes research and discovery projects.
- Develop and administer data collection
instruments to support outcomes research projects.
- Oversee the resolution of complex issues related
to measurement methodologies, study design and advanced statistical analyses in
alignment with strategic research objectives.
- Lead and support data interpretation, manuscript
and presentation development.
- Actively engage marketing and training
departments to effectively communicate the results of accepted manuscripts and
General Leadership Duties:
- Provide creative leadership and customized
solutions ensuring productive relationships with Sarah Cannon leadership/staff,
research sites, and other internal and external customers.
- Work interactively with all functions of the
company to help achieve the company’s vision.
- Collaborate with Senior Management on strategic
planning; provide effective leadership in assessments, report generation, and
resolution facilitation of problems as needed.
- Maintain a high degree of awareness of the
current scientific state and advances in relation to clinical research programs
by attendance at relevant symposia, scientific meetings and workshops, and
review of key journals.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
Minimum Required: Doctorate Degree
Preferred: Doctorate Degree (Medicine)
- Experience directly leading and conducting epidemiology, health economics and/or outcomes research in the context of a healthcare, academic, pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Deep subject matter expertise with preferred clinical experience in one or more fields of study, including but not limited to oncology, cardiology, neurology, orthopedics and women’s & children’s health.
- Proven experience writing at least 5 publications for clinical research
- Strong knowledge of research methods, statistical modeling, econometric, or data mining tools in order to guide and support research that provides clear and actionable insights and strategic direction for business leaders.
- Hands-on experience working with/analyzing diverse data assets: EMR, medical claims, cancer registry, publicly available administrative datasets (population health surveys, hospital discharge data).
- Technical knowledge and capabilities: SAS, R, STATA, SPSS, SQL (should have working knowledge of at least one analytical software).
- Expertise in research methodology: study design (randomized controlled clinical trials, observational studies, interventional research), subject recruitment, survey design, defining/developing clinical and patient reported outcomes.
- Strong record of peer-reviewed publications and abstracts from scientific journals and conferences.
- Working knowledge of FDA/GCP and research site operations/requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication capability and presentation skills; persuasive, encouraging, motivating, and inspiring; the ability to listen and understand
- Directly leading and conducting epidemiology, health economics and/or outcomes research in the context of a healthcare, academic, pharmaceutical or Biotech Company
- Practicing physician
Do you find this opportunity compelling, if so we encourage you to apply? We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today.
We offer you an
excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your
ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee
discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.