SHIFT: No Weekends
StoneSprings Hospital Center, a 124- bed acute care facility, located in an area full of attractions including historic parks, horseback riding, dining, shopping, and more! We are a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, which is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S where healthcare opportunities are almost unlimited!
Responsible for coordination and oversight of the Medical Staff Services, including physician and allied health credentialing and recredentialing, meeting management, flow of information from medical staff committees through the Medical Executive Committee and the Governing Board. Assists with JCAHO Survey preparation for the medical staff/leadership function, including staff and medical staff education regarding accreditation standards. Works closely with medical staff leaders, hospital administration, and legal counsel with regard to medical staff and bylaws issues.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for departmental services. Serves as a liaison in ensuring Medical Staff applications, appointments, privileges, credentialing, and administrative support services for the medical staff, and appropriate health professionals are coordinated in a thorough, accurate and timely manner. Ensures that minutes accurately reflect discussions and actions taken in associated medical staff meetings.
- Applies the principles of continuous quality improvement in delivery of services, through assessment and monitoring of medical staff office services, processes and systems; analyzes trends and implements change as required.
- Ensures the confidentiality of the medical staff committee records, are maintained at all times (i.e., credentials files, meeting minutes). Oversees administrative schedules, medical staff meetings, assists medical staff officers in complying with provisions of the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations.
- Ensures Medical Staff Office and credentialing program is in compliance with Medical Staff standards, The Joint Commission, legal and all regulatory and accrediting agency standards. Interprets, explains and follows all regulatory guidelines, including medical staff bylaws, fair hearing plan, rules and regulations and policies.
- Oversees coordination, development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of the new physician orientation program.
- Maintains systems to identify (and disseminate to others) medical staff members and their clinical privileges, prepares and maintains other related records and reports.
- Works collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team approach to ensure physician concerns are addressed through established medical staff processes.
- Develops and maintains policy regarding management, access and distribution of credentialing, privileging, and peer review information in accordance with record retention and confidentially requirements.
Education: BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university
Experience: Three to five years’ experience in a medical staff office. Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations. Previous credentialing and management experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Working knowledge of The Joint Commission accreditation process and standards, health care and credentialing industry, regulatory and legal requirements and other national standards preferred.
Certification: Current Certified Professional Medical Staff Management (CPMSM) and/or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) with the National Association Medical Staff Services are preferred.