DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
$10,000 Sign-on for experienced nurses!
Become an RN on our Endo Team Today!
Wesley Woodlawn, a campus of Wesley Medical Center, provides patients with convenient access to expert heart care, surgical care and emergency services. Our 82-bed facility provides world class medical care while promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles and community health education programs and screenings.
Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER earned a national Excellence in Patient Care award from the Studer Group for a second consecutive year for its overall emergency department patient satisfaction scores, ranking in the 90th percentile nationally.
Here's what you can expect from being an RN on our unit:
· You will be responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act
· You will collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes
· You will support the organization's vision and mission and utilize knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care
· You will contribute to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care
· You will systematically evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
· You will acquire and maintain current knowledge in nursing practice and education
· You will monitor the patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes
· You will contribute to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others
· You will collaborate with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care
· You will consider safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care
· Your decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner
· You will participate in the improvement of operational functions of the department
· You will establish and maintain effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
· You will evaluate and participate in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accept responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone
· You will demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate competencies to department specific population
Interested in a career at Wesley? Call Chelsea!
email@example.com | 316.218.7589
Here is what we can offer you:
· Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment
· Certification Bonus and Voucher system
· Dependent Scholarship
· 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
· Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Financial Wellness Program with a CFP
Sign-on Bonus with 2
year commitment and must have at least 2 years RN experience
(internal candidates not eligible for bonus)
Must be able to rotate taking call during the weekdays and weekends
I'm interested, what is required for this position?
· You have a current Registered Nurse License in the state of Kansas, and current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association
· Are you a graduate of an accredited school of nursing? Outstanding!
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course, as specified in policy
· Successful completion of the Wesley Dysrhythmia exam within allotted timeframe, as specified in policy
· Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) verification course, as specified in policy
· Prefer that candidates have 1 year of experience in Endo, and Post Anesthesia or Critical Care experience is required
· Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatment and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
· Possess personal computer skills
· Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
· Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills