SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
The Surgical Services team at Woodlawn Hospital is a tight knit group of hard-working, dedicated nurses with a passion for improving lives. If you have experience as an operating room registered nurse and are interested in becoming a part of our surgical services nursing team, this could be your next career opportunity. We’re hiring top RN talent today. Apply online now.
Wesley Woodlawn, campus of Wesley Medical Center, provides patients with convenient access to expert heart care, surgical care and emergency services. Our 82-bed facility provides world class medical care while promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles and community health education programs and screenings.
Wesley Woodlawn earned a national Excellence in Patient Care award for a second consecutive year from the healthcare performance improvement firm Studer Group®, a Huron Healthcare solution. The hospital was selected based on its overall emergency department patient satisfaction scores, which were in the 90th percentile nationally.
Position Summary: Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for the department-specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
Registration, Licensure or Certification
- Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) verification course, as specified in policy (preferred)
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) verification course, as specified in policy(preferred)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course, as specified in policy (preferred)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing (required)
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (preferred)
- 1+ years circulating experience in an operating room