DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people.
Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year.
HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
The EHR Support Analyst II OR serves as a key onsite clinical IT resource for facility implementation and support of a broad set of clinical applications. Primary responsibilities involve ORM support including dictionary support and OR billing process support. The EHR Support Analyst II OR facilitates and manages maintenance of facility-specific dictionaries and provides input to and customizes based on division policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within the facility. This individual works with the Division EHR Support Specialist Team and facility core team members to implement division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans for clinical applications. An EHR Support Analyst II OR may be dedicated to a specific facility or may operate across a geographic zone and serve multiple facilities.
• Surgical Profile Verification process
• Resolves incomplete documentation, working with facility to update.
• Resolves Item/Implant Not in System issues.
• Resolves Case Cancellation/Deferring issues.
• Reviews Hold Accounts
• Facility Rounding
• Works with the Division EHR Support Team to monitor, and facilitate new module/application testing and Implementation for the facility
• Facilitates and manages maintenance of facility-specific dictionaries including Big Board, Delay Code, Cancellation Code, Outcome Code, Access, Physician Privileges, Inventory, Anesthesia, Preference Cards, Schedule, Resource, Procedure Severity Group, Time Charge Rule, and other standard dictionaries as defined.
• Provides input to customize base division policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within the Facility
• Serves as a key onsite clinical IT resource for facility implementation and support of a broad set of clinical Applications including but not limited to Surgical Symphony, Censitrac, InvivoLink, and Tissue Tracker.
• Works with the Division EHR Support Team and facility core team members to develop training materials and deliver hands-on training as needed.
• Works with the Division EHR Support Team to actively promote and support division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans.
• May develop clinical application reports as needed
• Performs quality audits and tracks metrics related to clinical application use
• Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance
• Coordinates the execution and use of tools for audits
• Builds strong relationships at the facility with core customer base (nurses, physicians, core team members, etc.) and facility leadership
• Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
• Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Understanding of clinical operations and processes
• Understands pertinent accreditation guidelines, such as JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA, and ACR
• Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally
and in writing
• Demonstrated customer orientation
• Excellent leadership and teaching abilities
• Demonstrated advanced computer skills
• Understanding of reporting tools functionality and capabilities
• Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work and have OR Clinical experience
Must have HCA OR experience and experience with OR workflow
• Proficiency in various programming and clinical application reporting tools
• Customer service orientation and/or training
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• One to Three years’ experience in clinical application support or related clinical work experience
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: Licensing or credentials within specific clinical specialty preferred, if available.
Possession/Maintenance of specialty clinical licensure is strongly desired. Valid state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable.
Qualified candidates will have 3+ years of relevant work experience
Bachelor's degree preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier,
telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times.
Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Travel between facilities in a geographic zone may be required.
OSHA CATEGORY: The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.