SHIFT: No Weekends
SCHEDULE: Full-timeSenior Data Analyst - ETL, SQL, Excel
The role requires the ability to translate business needs into the development of analytical work products using a number of market leading software packages including those used for building reports, dashboards/scorecards and other guided analysis applications, extract-transform-load (ETL) programs, and associated metadata and training material. Proficiency is expected for relational, in-memory, and multi-dimensional databases. Competence with facets of emerging technology is also expected, such as Big Data, Interactive Visualization, Predictive Analytics, and Search-Based Data Discovery. The role requires working closely with others, frequently in a matrixed environment, and with little to moderate levels of supervision. The successful candidate must be an out-of-the box thinker who can learn, implement and execute repeatable and effective processes and deploy solutions in the most time efficient manner with the highest level of quality at the lowest cost. The culture of our organization places an emphasis on teamwork, so social and interpersonal skills are as equally important as technical capability.
- The key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Working collaboratively with a Financial Analyst to understand needs for information delivery and financial capability
- Translating these requirements into actionable and effective work products using a variety of commercial software products
- Driving successful deployment, training/education, and ongoing support of analytical work products
- Ensuring that all work products meet operational as well as functional requirements, including performance, availability, reliability, latency, etc.
- Lead development projects involving multiple departments
- Responsible for analyzing business requirements, design and developing financial reporting applications
- Create documentation, including source-to-target mappings and business-driven transformation rules
- Build strong relationships within the department and with IT&S.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts in concert with IT&S
- Development of new functionality or enhancements to existing reporting applications to support business objectives
- Generate statistics, prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Establish and meet target dates
- Candidates should have at least five years of information systems development experience on large, full life-cycle application development projects with a proven track record of execution and results.
- Microsoft Office – Power BI o SQL language (T-SQL) o Teradata
- Integration Services o Analysis Services
- Reporting Services o Database Engine
- Internet Information Services
- Visual Studio 2012 or higher
- Ideal certification:
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA) on SQL 2012 or higher or able to obtain MCSA within 90 days
- Exceptional certification:
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (MCSA) on SQL 2012 or higher
- Bachelors Degree requireed