SHIFT: No Weekends
Exciting opportunity to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services!
HCA Healthcare is a national leader in providing modern, culturally competent, patient-centered care and we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
We are currently looking for an exceptional Assistant Vice President Quality, Laboratory & Pathology to join our team. We believe in our team and your ability to help us provide high quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, and growth opportunities. We are seeking a great addition to the team who feels patient care is as important as we do!
The AVP for Laboratory and Pathology will serve as the key executive to identify, develop, and implement a comprehensive quality agenda for HCA Physician Services Group’s (PSG) Integrated Regional Laboratory (IRL), the Forward Pathology Solutions (FPS), as well as PSG’s ambulatory locations (physician practices and urgent care centers). The AVP will work in collaboration with Quality and Operational executives in development and deployment of the quality agenda at all locations.
The following is the current scope of services that the AVP will provide quality oversight coverage for:
FPS currently employs over 130 pathologists providing professional pathology services in 65 HCA facilities across six geographic regions. The scope of professional services also includes coverage at HCA Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
IRL provides laboratory services in seven divisions. This equates to 74 Florida based laboratory operations (including free standing emergency departments).
PSG has approximately 1,100 ambulatory physician practice locations and 123 urgent care centers.
This position is highly visible, communicating regularly with executive leadership across the HCA enterprise. Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate across multiple stakeholder groups will be essential.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develops a quality agenda for HCA PSGs IRL and FPS service lines.
- Gathers feedback from CMOs and other members of Medical Operations to further improve existing quality systems and processes.
- Ensures quality programs in IRL and FPS are in alignment with division and organizational quality policies.
- Defines and implements quality program for PSG ambulatory locations (physician practices and urgent care centers)
- Develops and implements a robust event reporting process for IRL, FPS and the ambulatory locations
- Oversees the investigations of significant quality events, evaluates CAPA for effectiveness and timeliness, prepares updates and summaries for CMOs, Hospital Executives, and PSG leadership
- Implements a quality improvement structure and program that includes stakeholders from IRL, FPS, and the quality team.
- Develops regular executive summary reports for presentation to CMOs and FPS, IRL, and PSG leadership.
- Reviews and approves key performance indicators with stakeholders
- Directs the creation of quality policies and procedures, guidelines, training documents and other tools which foster best practice quality processes
- Demonstrates a sophisticated understanding of organizational and social dynamics within the organization and navigates successfully to achieve stakeholder objectives and goals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES – This position requires the following:
Experience with pathology quality assurance, statistical quality control, and laboratory regulations/accreditation requirements
Experience with managing complex programs with accountability for measured outcomes
Detailed working knowledge of ambulatory healthcare operations and clinical informatics required
Minimum five (5) years of successful progressive leadership experience in a matrixed healthcare system required
Demonstrated ability to build diverse teams with varying skill sets. Success in motivating team members to reach objectives.
Proven ability to build and maintain strategic relationships
Must demonstrate advanced analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills with the ability to quickly draw conclusions, make recommendations, and support recommendations when challenged
Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with ability to clearly and effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
Ability to communicate concisely and effectively both in writing and in person
Ability to influence and create change across a dynamic environment of staff, providers and executives
Flexibility to meet continuously changing priorities and challenges
Strong analytical and reasoning skills, includes moderate to advanced Excel skills and business intelligence experience required
Strong organizational and project management skills
Computer literacy with standard business software tools and laboratory information systems
Ability to perform work, special assignments, and tasks under only very general supervision
Ability to work under pressure and overtime (evenings and weekends) as needed
Travel up to 50% may be required
We believe in going above and beyond, and feel that there is no nobler pursuit than that of caring for and improving human life. We hope you’ll join us on our mission!