SHIFT: No Weekends
HealthTrust (Healthtrust Purchasing Group, L.P.) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage its operator experience, scale and innovation. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthTrust (www.healthtrustpg.com) serves over 1,500 hospitals and health systems, and more than 31,000 other member locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites.
Job Summary – The position is responsible for establishing and leading the supply expense agenda for clinical resource management for an IDN. The Clinical Resource Director is responsible for driving positive change through program definition and leading initiatives that supports health care organizations’ clinical expense agenda. This position has a broad enterprise and segment influence and will need to build alliances with Corporate and Hospital Leadership, Physicians and Supply Chain Executives to successfully execute their clinical supply expense plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provides leadership in the area of expense management to contribute to the IDN and individual facilities overall strategic plan to improve supply and pharmacy expenses in a variety of facility departments
- Provides direct leadership in the oversight and accountability for the operational effectiveness for supply expense management plan in collaboration with the VP, Supply Chain
- Collaborates with the facility Value Analysis Teams to assimilates information from variety of sources, able to analyze data and make strategic recommendations and executes a course of action for overall supply and pharmacy savings opportunities
- Develops, implements, and coordinates within the system and facilities:
- A system approach to cost savings opportunities
- Policies and procedures related to expense management
- Product standardization and utilization
- Participates in development of facility Value Analysis Teams to HealthTrust’s best practices
- Creates external and internal customer confidence, committed to increasing customer satisfaction, and managing customer expectations
- Demonstrates responsibility for solving customer challenges, ensures commitments to customers are met by soliciting opinions and ideas from customers for improvements in products and services.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure solutions are responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain strong effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders within the IDN and facility leadership, Supply Chain, and HealthTrust
- Establishes and meets expense savings goals of the facilities and organizations
- Collaborates with organizations to track and analyze financial data
- Provides expense saving enhancement strategies for supplies working with hospital leadership teams and facility representatives
- Develops standardized documents, processes, and calculations for use by the supply expense management team to quantify savings solutions
- Directs multiple projects and tasks in a fast paced environment that includes:
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to plan, implement, and execute
- The ability to focus and execute exceptional time management
- Demonstrates the ability to develop a project plan for major and complex projects
- Demonstrates an understanding of project management methodologies which include but are not limited to: common processes, practices and tools associated with project management.
- Assign goals to direct reports and facility teams and monitors goal achievement
Bachelor’s degree is required; Business, Health Administration, Nursing, or a Diploma graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with relevant acute care experience is highly preferred. Graduate degree is highly preferred at the master’s level, such as MSN, MHA, MBA, MS, Pharmacy, or PharmD.
A minimum of five (5) years of in a healthcare leadership role with experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, including knowledge of supply chain and value analysis for acute care hospitals. Demonstrated successful experience with project management and coordination and measurement of project deliverables. Requires advanced proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Software skills with data warehouse and/or Micro Strategies highly preferred.
Desirable experience that includes demonstrated knowledge of hospital and clinical staff functions, expense management of supplies and services, and disease management. Demonstrated experience at the executive level and the ability to work in a matrix environment is highly preferred. Five years in a healthcare executive position and two years consulting experience highly preferred.
Appropriate to education