This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
• Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures.
The primary purpose of the Senior Android Developer is to execute on the development commitments of HCA’s mobile patient portal application. This position requires a candidate who can analyze requirements, drive discovery, support, and implement solutions with minimal supervision in a Lean/Agile Development environment. The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines. The following are highlighted competencies and core expectations for the job/role:
• 3-7 years of experience in senior Android development role.
• Knowledge in computer science combined with demonstrable problem solving aptitude.
• Experience with memory management and memory/performance profiling.
• Applied understanding of resource constraints including battery life, network availability, etc.
• Experience with Gradle, Maven and/or Github.
• Experience developing and managing cross platform application development (Android).
• Has shipped and maintained apps, knowing ins and outs Google’s submission process.
• Strong understanding of Android interaction design best practices.
• Work closely with business owners and UX to take an idea from concept to delivery using excellent software design, coding, and processes.
The candidate will be involved in:
• Drive technical discovery sessions on new and/or collaborative projects.
• Leading and managing development projects from inception to elaboration, development, testing, and implementation. Staff will be using various tools.
• Responsible for overseeing the work of other team developers when called upon.
• Work with vendors or existing development teams when appropriate.
• Collaborate with leadership, product managers, business analysts and mobile developers to identify problems and creatively solve complex problems.
• Stay current with mobile interaction guidelines and operating systems.
3-7 years of experience is needed for a successful candidate.
College degree is required however in lieu of a degree experience may be a substitute.
• Experienced in supervising and mentoring high-performing, highly technical teams
• Proven experience in leading the complete development lifecycle for native Android applications
• Ability to succinctly communicate verbally and in a variety of media
• Familiarity with Agile techniques in development environment (certifications are preferred, but a proven history is highly desired)
• Formal experience as a team development lead
• Experience in Healthcare mobility solution design and delivery is a plus
• Relevant experience/knowledge working with Hospitals and their integration needs
• Calm under pressure