Chief Medical Officer (CMO) - Gainesville, FL
Gainesville, FL, United States
SHIFT: No Weekends
Florida Regional Medical Center
Size of Hospital: ~432 beds
healthcare is important to each and every patient. The Agency for Healthcare
Research and Quality defines quality healthcare as “doing the right thing at
the right time in the right way to achieve the best results possible.” At North
Florida Regional Healthcare, our expert providers work together at North
Florida Regional Medical Center and all the other facilities in our
organization to deliver those results. We are recognized for our commitment to
quality by some of the most respected organizations in healthcare.
- We demonstrate
excellence with accreditation by The Joint Commission, American College of
Surgeons Commission on Cancer, American Society for Bariatric Surgery, American
Academy of Sleep Medicine and American Diabetes Association.
- North Florida
Regional Medical Center exceeds benchmarks set by Department of Health and
Human Services Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for the treatment of
heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. View
our results at www.hospitalcompare.hhs.gov.
- We are
recognized by HealthGrades, the nation’s leading independent healthcare ratings
company, for the highest rated care in general surgery and for maternity care.
More on those ratings is available at www.healthgrades.com.
- North Florida
Regional Medical Center is recognized by the American Stroke Association’s Get
with the Guidelines quality improvement program for consistently adhering to
strict procedures for the treatment of stroke. We have reached the
organization’s Gold Achievement Level recognition for our stroke program.
- The Institute
for Safe Medication Practices presented its Cheers Award to North Florida
Regional Medical Center for a superlative standard of excellence in the
prevention of medication errors.
- Blue Cross Blue
Shield has designated North Florida Regional Medical Center a Blue Distinction®
Center for Spine Surgery, as well as Knee and Hip Replacement and Bariatric
Surgery. These designations are based on rigorous, evidence-based selection
criteria in collaboration with expert physicians and medical organizations and
based on their recommendations.
- We participate
in national databases of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons and the American
College of Cardiology Foundation. By committing to collecting outcomes data for
submission to these databases, surgeons are committing to improving the quality
of care their patients receive.
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
- Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
- Leading clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
- Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
- Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison between these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as well as to the affiliated physicians.
- Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and corporate Chief Medical Officers.
- Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
Qualifications Education & Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Required
- Master's degree in business or related field, Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system, Required
- Additional education and coursework in management and business, Preferred
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Board Certified Physician, Required
- State medical board licensed, Required