DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Rio Grande Regional Hospital
McAllen, TX 78503
Size of Hospital: 320-beds
Rio Grande Regional Hospital in McAllen Texas has been serving the Rio Grande Valley for more than 30 years. Since opening in 1982, we have been committed to providing high-quality compassionate healthcare you can trust. As an HCA hospital, Rio Grande Regional has the support of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
Rio Grande Regional Hospital has 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties. Our proven track record of serving the medical needs of the Valley communities we serve has led to Rio Grande Regional Hospital being recognized for patient safety and clinical excellence time and time again.
Hospital Departments & Specialties:
Rio Grande Regional Hospital offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services. While each department has its specialties and expertise, they work together to provide seamless coordinated care to our patients.
Our hospital network includes care centers designed to meet the needs of specific patient populations.
· 24-Hour Emergency Care. Our on campus Emergency Room includes a Level III Trauma Center. We have extended our ER services into the Rio Grande Valley with our two remote ERs: Our McAllen/Mission location at 5100 West Expressway 83 and our Edinburg location at 2744 West University Drive in Edinburg.
· Rio Grande Women’s Clinics, offering full-service ob-gyn care in 5 community-based locations. This is in addition to the Women’s Services at the main hospital, including labor and delivery and a 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
· Children’s Medical Center, an entire hospital within Rio Grande Regional designed with children in mind.
· Rio Grande Surgery Center, providing easy access and a high-quality patient experience for outpatient surgeries and procedures.
· Texas Transplant Institute, satellite clinics are held in Rio Grande Regional Hospital and McAllen Medical Plaza (across the street) to serve local patients in need of organ, tissue or stem cell transplants. Our program with TTI means patients can get some of the medical care associated with transplants in McAllen, without multiple trips to San Antonio.
· Bariatric Program, accredited since 2007 and designated as a Comprehensive Accredited Center in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
· Diabetes Management Program, accredited as a Diabetes Management Center by the American Diabetes Association.
· Laboratory Services, certified by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) and accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
QualificationsEducation & Experience:
Licenses, Certifications, & Training: