DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Tulane Medical Center located in New Orleans, Louisiana is currently searching for a Director of Pharmacy. This individual plans, organizes, controls, and supervises activities in hospital pharmacy according to hospital policies, standards of practice of the profession, and State and Federal laws. Recommends innovations in the practice and function of the hospital pharmacy to Administration and carries out mutually agreed upon programs.
· Establishes quality improvement, fiscal, productivity, and patient satisfaction goals and objectives in conjunction with upper management.
· Supervises the maintenance and dissemination of drug information through in-service education of hospital personnel, consultation with patients, hospital staff, and medical staff.
· Actively assists staff pharmacists in the discharge of routing duties as necessary.
· Directs the activities of and provides professional and technical guidance to pharmacy personnel.
· Exercises professional judgment in imparting therapeutic and drug information to patients and health professionals.
· Communicates the Hospital and Mission and Philosophy to department employees and integrates with departmental operations.
· Provides leadership to new program development, implementation and evaluation. Acts as a consultant in areas of expertise.
· Anticipates the needs and issues of customers/suppliers in order to insure effective departmental operations and/or meet their needs.
· Promotes teamwork among staff, peers, physicians, and others.
· Minimum of 2+ years supervisory or leadership experience preferred
· Current Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
· Current Consultant Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.