SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Research Medical Center is seeking experienced RNs to join our Intensive Care Units!
We have FT Nights for our Medical/Surgical ICU and our NEW NeuroScience ICU
The Research Medical Center ICU RNs have been described as the "Navy Seals of Nursing"... the "Top Elite"!
The best of the best, working with incredible tenacity, drive, heart and wicked smart!
Do you strive to be amongst the Top Elite in Nursing, working with the best of the best?
Do you apply critical thinking skills and thrive in high pressure environments?
Does an ICU that provides Comprehensive care excite you?
Do you thrive in teaching environments?
We are the only ICU in our system that cares for Comprehensive Stroke patients, ECMO Patients, TAVR, Impella, CABGs, and complex Level one trauma patients! Truly comprehensive care.
We train more RNs to be NPs and CRNAs than any other ICU in our health system nationwide!
If this team is where you NEED to be, APPLY NOW!
For experienced RNs we are offering $7,500 SIGN ON BONUS and $5,000 Relocation Bonus!
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties.
About these Departments:
- 32 Bed, Medical/Surgical ICU, Level 1 Trauma and Triple Crown facility
- 12 Bed, NeuroScience ICU, Highly specialized
- ECMO, TAVR, Impella, CABGs, Complex Trauma patients
- Fast paced, multitasking, and advanced critical thinking skills utilized
- Cohesive teamwork, opportunity to be training and developed by top notch nurses, educators, mentors and physicians
- Work 4 Weekends in a 4 week schedule with your Full Time status
The Top Reason’s Employees love working in the ICU:
- RNs are supported by Paramedics in the ICU
- Cohesive Team with an "OUR" patient mentality
- Ongoing education and care of patients that have had
cutting edge procedures
- Hospital and Department level practice councils so
nurses can be at the forefront for the changes they want to make at
- Amazing Tuition Assistance and Reimbursement Program
- Provide Comprehensive Care with
variety of cases.
Learn more about living in KC. http://www.thinkkc.com/with/HCAMidwest
About Research Medical Center
Research Medical Center has served Kansas City and the surrounding area since 1886—and those years have allowed the 590-bed facility to put down meaningful roots in a community that depends on its acute and outpatient medical care services.
The hospital, which offers medical and health clinic services across three Kansas City locations, including the main campus on Meyer Boulevard, the Research Medical Center Brookside Campus on Rockhill Road and Research Psychiatric Center, a Campus of Research Medical Center on 63rd Street. Research Medical Center features a broad range of highly specialized, state-of-the-art services including a Level I Trauma Center; Neuroscience Institute; Level 1 TCD-designated Stroke Center and the region’s first Accredited Primary Stroke Center; TIA Clinic; Grossman Burn Center; Liver and Pancreas Institute of Kansas City; the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Research Medical Center; Obstetrics; Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; Transplant Institute; and Orthopedics, among others.
Although Research Medical Center receives awards and prestigious recognition from The Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and other high-profile organizations, we don’t rest on them—instead, our team members put excellence into action.
Research Medical Center, as part of HCA MidAmerica, does much more than just make an impact on patient lives and the community it serves. Our culture is founded on HCA’s tenets of innovation, high-quality care, mutual respect and collaborative teamwork. Our hospital offers career opportunities that challenge, embrace and transform lives. And the unwavering dedication to deliver world-class healthcare is a two-way street: Research Medical Center is committed to its employees and, in turn, employees are committed to its patients and loved ones.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Under the general direction of the Director, Manager or Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
- Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care is in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice and the generic and unit structure standards
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current state of Missouri RN licensure required.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills required.
- BLS certification required at hire and maintained.
- ACLS required within 6 months.
- Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN) or Trauma Nursing Care Course (TNCC) required within one year.
- Prefer 1 year of RN experience (new graduate positions not available here)
- Basic computer skills
*Sign-on bonuses are based on qualifying
criteria – Current Employees not eligible - Please ask your recruiter for
For more information on all our ICU openings, both Medical/Surgical and our Neuro ICU, please contact the Recruiter, Johna Koelzer at 816-401-3382 or email Johna.Koelzer@hcahealthcare.com