SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Overland Park Regional Medical Center has an exciting opportunity for a CT Technologist - Part Time Mixed Shift.
The CT Technologist produces computerized tomographic scanner radiographs of designated anatomical areas in accordance with established practices and procedures. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
Operates equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
Moves equipment into specified positions and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors such as time and distance.
Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
Assists physicians with invasive procedures.
Exposes and develops film.
Operates mobile equipment in operating room, emergency department or at patient's bedside.
Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
Orients and mentors new staff members.
Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
Assists with transporting patients.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
- ARRT Certification
- Current state licensure or permit to practice medical imagining
- Minimum 2 years experience as Imaging Tech.
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.