SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women’s Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued. Overland Park Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a CT Technologist.
- Under the general direction of the Radiologist and under the supervision of the CT Team Leader and/or Radiology Director:
- Safely and accurately perform CT exams, including CT-guided biopsies and procedures.
- Perform CT exams on trauma patients in a timely manner following established trauma protocols.
- Upon completion of training perform Cardiac CT procedures, including CCTAs and Cardiac scorings under the direction of the Cardiologist and/or Radiologist.
- Work within guidelines established in the policy and procedure manual.
- Comply with all radiation safety guidelines.
- Demonstrate knowledge of sterile technique and practice standard precautions.
- Complete all associated computer tasks in Meditech and PACS
- Understand and follow established protocols for sending exams to VRC after hours.
- Perform associated duties, i.e., transporting patients when necessary and assembling all associated paperwork and images to provide the radiologists for dictation, cleaning and stocking rooms, etc.
- Able to perform all duties in high stress with no loss of accuracy.
- Participate in quality control and performance improvement.
- May assist other areas of Radiology and perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate strong personal skills, including written and oral communication.
- Be proficient at performing above duties for patients of all age groups and all stages of acuity.
- Graduate of an accredited program by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), American Medical Association (AMA) or other accrediting agencies.
- Certifications:Registry in good standing with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
- Current certification in Computerized Tomography
- Current Kansas licensure or eligible.
- Certified in BCLS.
- Certified in Venipuncture within 30 days of hire.
- Minimum of one (1) year of work related experience in all aspects of CT, including biopsies and other related procedures, preferred.
- Employee must be able to respond to on call requirements within 30 minutes.