This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: No Weekends
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why, after more than a decade, we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
The Assistant Director is responsible for performing duties as assigned while in training at the Shared Services Center (SSC). The expectation is that the Assistant Director position is a preparatory position which will include completion of operational training assignments, completion of the Manager In Training (MIT) process, and becoming knowledgeable in all aspects of Patient Accounting through rotations within all core areas of the SSC including Patient Access. The Assistant Director must display competency in all of the major areas of the SSC and is expected to accept Interim Manager/Director assignments as needed. All individuals selected for this position will participate in extensive development activities to prepare them to transition into a Director position within the SSC.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Completion of operational training assignments, completion of the Manager In Training (MIT) process and becoming knowledgeable in all aspects of Patient Accounting through rotations within all core areas of the SSC including Patient Access. These rotations will include both SSC and facility settings and are specifically designed to improve management, analytical and technical skills in all core SSC areas.
• Participants provide a high quality resource of knowledge, skills and work experience to the SSC and associated facilities during course of training and rotations.
• Conducts self in a professional, ethical and compassionate manner with all individuals and co-workers
• Determines trends in operational performance and identifies process improvement opportunities including but not limited to up-front collections, reduction in insurance unbilled and reduced percentage of error
• Demonstrates high level of proficiency and knowledge in front office and back office functions and responsibilities
• During the program, participants may serve as interim manager or director within various facilities and/or functions to further enhance their management and technical skills
• Satisfactorily completes special projects as assigned
• Assume a lead role for innovation, knowledge sharing and leading practices identification within the SSC and among peer group
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Technical Expertise – Some understanding of healthcare including knowledge of healthcare terms and accounts receivable processes
• Strategic Analysis - Analytical Review skills and ability to make decisions based on analysis
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Health Care required. If a desired applicant does not have a Bachelor's degree, the requirement can be waived IF they are currently in a Bachelor's degree program.
• Minimum three years’ experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement with SSC Executive approval.