SHIFT: No Weekends
Regional Medical Center
of San Jose is an acute care
hospital with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospital provides a host
of technologically-advanced services including Cardiovascular, Neuro, Orthopedic, Bariatric and General
Surgery, Interventional Pulmonology and services for Women.
Regional holds Joint Commission advanced certification as a Comprehensive
Stroke Center and a Get with the Guidelines- Stroke Gold Plus
Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American
Stroke Association. It is a certified Chest Pain Center, county-designated
STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center, designated Lung Cancer Screening Center,
a member of Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ECMO) and is
certified by The Joint Commission in Sepsis care.
The Facility Director PR & Communications reports directly to the Division AVP of Marketing and Public Relations with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the hospital CEO. This individual also sits on the hospital’s Administrative Leadership team playing a critical role in representing the voice of our customer, as well as serving as the lead hospital communicator/spokesperson both internally and externally.
Supports development of annual PR & Communication plan to sync with Division-developed paid media plan for the hospital/market. Drives our community and customer engagement to heighten our positive reputation within the community. Develops organic content (written, web, video) via tight connectivity with key service line leaders and physicians. Leverages this content to create dynamic materials, messaging, events and forums that will positively engage the community to choose this facility. Measures success of all activities in order to refine and adjust as needed. Operates smoothly in a fast-paced, high-intensity matrix environment.
Leadership and Collaboration:
- Serves as an advisor and team member for all marketing, public relations and communications activities.
- Provides outstanding and timely customer service. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with facility administration, directors, staff, and physicians
- Plans and implements budget for PR and community involvement programs.
- Manages to local discretionary budget.
- Identifies high impact use of budget dollars to reach strategically targeted demographics.
- Collaborates with Division marketing to develop parallel advertising and direct mail plan, to be executed at the Division. Guides Division team on latest developments, launches, advances and needs for this plan to ensure constant calibration and relevance of the activities.
- Collaborates with service line, department, sales, physician offices, HCA Physician Services and operations leaders.
Earned Media Plan Execution:
Customer Problem Resolution:
- Develops and aligns annual PR & Communication plans with Division-developed paid media plan for the hospital/market. Proactively interacts with media representative to obtain placement of hospital-related news stories.
- Supports development and implementation of the strategic PR and Communications plan to meet organizational needs and support primary hospital business goals. This will include earned media, social media, web, e-news, email, video, internal communication, collateral, events and sponsorships. Executes plan and measures ROI of all activities.
- Seeks out hospital or PSG care stories to drive positive perception of our facilities, programs and people via media relations and social media. Places proactive, positive media stories, and manages reactive or crisis communications needs.
- Maintains positive working relationships with local reporters, editors and feature writers who cover business, health care and other relevant topics to promote Hospital programs, services and personnel. Responds in a timely manner to media requests
- Develops placements (locally, regionally and nationally) of new stories related to hospital services, programs, personnel and accomplishments.
- Researches, writes and edits press releases and media alerts and formulates the content, timing and manner of releases in compliance with HCA policies.
- Consistently monitors comments and reviews in order to provide timely response to positive engagements and speedy service recovery for negative comments/reviews.
- Leverages Binary Fountain reporting and Reputation Management tools and processes to continuously elevate ratings and reputation for the facilities.
- Managing Public Relations & Communications
- Stays abreast of hospital news, trends, services, and objectives through building and maintaining relationships with various "clients" (clinical and operational leaders from throughout the hospital), physicians, physician liaisons, and others who serve as resources for information
- Understands internal and external policies, procedures, and regulations that impact the marketing environment. Ensures adherence of marketing activities and web properties to these policies.
- Manages crisis communications and serves as an on-call public information representative.
- Works with the AVP to determine appropriate media spokesperson for hospital events and news stories.
- Serves as lead communicator for strategic messaging to internal audiences: employees, volunteers, physicians, etc.
- With support from our Division Creative Services Team, develops materials needed in print, online, digital, video, blog and web.
- Manages social media and digital communities via regular, active posts and information sharing.
- Manages online business listings.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCEMANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE EDUCATION
- Drives community and customer engagement to heighten our positive reputation within the community.
- Identifies meaningful health care related community activities in the hospital’s defined service area that complement the organization’s goals. Develops and coordinates events and programs in coordination with Division and hospital goals
- Plans, promotes, and holds special events designed to raise awareness of the submarket’s capabilities and strengths
- Researches, develops and manages new programs / initiatives for hospital’s community involvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Effective management and communication skills; both orally and written.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Requires the ability to travel from one location to another within the Division. May be needed to work early morning, evening and weekend hours. Position includes overnight travel on an as needed basis.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to document, develop and communicate necessary information. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 20 pounds occasionally. Work may be stressful at times.