SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Corpus Christi Medical Center – Corpus Christi, TX
Medical Technologist (MT)- Microbiology
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women’s Health Center
Corpus Christi Medical Center is currently looking for a Medical Technologist (MT) for Microbiology.
- Based on skill levels, assists in various departments as needed.
- Performs testing on pending laboratory specimens/
- Performs proficiency testing as needed.
- Calls and documents critical values.
- Performs Quality Control as needed.
- Maintains instruments.
- Must have an associate degree in a laboratory science or be qualified under CLIA guidelines for Medical Laboratory Technician.
- National Certification.
- One to three years of experience preferred.
- Good communication skills and basic computer skilled needed.