DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Dominion Hospital, the only freestanding mental health care facility in Northern Virginia, leads the region in short-term mental health services for children age 5-12, adolescents age 13-17 and adults age 18 and older, as well as therapeutic programs for eating disorders
The Clinical Therapist is responsible for providing clinical services to patients and their families, as a member of a multidisciplinary team and in accordance with Dominion Hospital’s social work policy. Clinical interventions are focused on assessment, psycho-education, and therapeutic counseling support through evidenced based interventions in individual, family and group therapy. This position will provide service/coverage to different patient age groups, based on training and knowledge.
Licensed Clinical Therapist- Individual therapist to be embedded in a Primary Care Pediatric/Adolescent Practice, working Evenings and some Weekends.
· Thoroughly complete psychosocial assessments.
· Complete treatment plan interventions with signatures.
· Provide individual/family sessions appropriate to client needs.
· Provide group therapy appropriate to population.
· Attend and participate in treatment planning meetings and clinical meetings as assigned.
· Collaborate with attending physician, discharge planners and nursing staff regarding safety, treatment and continuum of care.
· Collaborate with referral source and continuing care providers.
· Display professionalism in dealing with customers, staff and clinicians.
· Complete assignments in a timely manner.
· Complete documentation in a timely manner.
· Follows all hospital policies and procedures.
Hours: 3 weekday evenings and some weekend mornings, Hours can be flexible for the right candidate
Primary hours: 3p - 8p - weekdays and 8a - 12p, weekends
Education: Masters Degree from an accredited social work program or Masters Degree in a related field, which provided appropriate background and experience. Education should be clinically focused with study in human life span development, psychopathology and clinical treatment interventions based on diagnosis and evidenced based practice.
At least the equivalent of 2 years of experience, focused in the area of inpatient hospitalization, partial hospitalization, crisis prevention, or outpatient practice.
Ideal Start Date: Mid August
Primary hours: 3:00pm – 8:00 pm (last scheduled appointment is 7:00 pm) 3 weekdays and 8am - 12pm some weekend mornings
Possess the ability to work at any of 5 locations, but primary locations will be Ashburn and Vienna