This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Dominion Hospital, the only freestanding mental health care facility in Northern Virginia, leads the region in short-term mental health services for children age 5-12, adolescents age 13-17 and adults age 18 and older, as well as therapeutic programs for eating disorders
Our patients are our priority, but so are you!
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Plant Operations Engineer to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Staff Engineer assists in the performance of duties necessary to keep the physical structure and associated equipment of Hospital in good repair. He/she performs preventative maintenance; routine and urgent repairs in electrical, mechanical and HVAC equipment.
· Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner as to reflect the highest integrity of the Engineering Department.
· Maintains and repairs HVAC controls and associated equipment to maximize efficiency levels in all environmentally controlled areas.
· Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and systems as required.
· Assists in maintaining electrical wiring and emergency generator systems. Inspects and test equipment and/or systems. Analyzes system malfunctions and electrical equipment, repairing or replacing defective parts as necessary.
· Performs preventative maintenance duties to all physical structures of Hospital and complies with all building safety codes.
· Makes periodical inspections noting general condition. Keeps the Director of Engineering informed as to the needs and/or changes required to keep the Hospital in safe and well maintained condition; this includes facility equipment and associated controls. Assist in replacing, installing, repairing and testing electrical circuits, equipment, appliances and lighting systems as required.
· Maintains routine records of all inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or systems.
· Reports daily to the Director of Engineering as to the general condition of Hospital facilities and the general progress of work being accomplished.
Communicates to Director on a daily basis and throughout the shift status.
· Performs manual duties as required (i.e., moving supplies or furniture, replacing light bulbs).
· Reads blueprints and schematic diagrams, interprets instructions and prepares specifications.
Assists in maintaining records to ensure compliance with state, federal and The Joint Commissions regulations.
Performs safety orientation, hazardous material information in services to assist in the smooth running of Engineering.
Records compliance with state, federal and The Joint Commissions regulations on more than one occasion
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Certifications: CPI (Crisis Preventions Interventions) required completion as a part of the general hospital orientation
Ability to instruct others in the performance of tasks.
Ability to work well on his/her own (without more than normal supervision) and to inspect facilities and equipment.
An in-depth knowledge of electrical equipment and systems.
A working knowledge of fuel systems. Ability to perform mechanical repairs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.