SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Corpus Christi Medical Center – Corpus Christi, TX
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women’s Health Center
Corpus Christi Medical Center is currently looking for a MRI Tech.
- Knowledgeable in MRI screening and safety, biomedical implants (e.g. pacemakers, clips, ferrous foreign bodies, prior diagnostic or surgical procedures, placement of conductors, (e.g. ECG leads, coils, cables), cryogen safety, emergency procedures (e.g. quench, fire), climate control (temperature, humidity) gauss lines, magnetic shielding, RF shielding, and biological considerations (RF field, specific absorption rate (SAR), biological effects, FDA guidelines).
- Demonstrates competency in date acquisition and processing.
- Demonstrates appropriate equipment disinfection between patients.
- Demonstrates proper procedure for contrast injection.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient assessment, monitoring and management, vital signs, physical signs and symptoms, sedated patients, and claustrophobic patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency response, reactions to contrast, and cardiac/respiratory arrest.
- Demonstrates competency for pulse sequences, spin echo, conventional spin echo, fast spin echo (FSE) STIR, FLAIR, Gradient recall echo (GRE), echo planar imaging (EPI).
- Demonstrates competency in data manipulation, k-space mapping and filling, fourier transformation 3-D post processing, maximum intensity projection (MIP), cardiac analysis.
- Demonstrates competency in diffusion, perfusion, spectroscopy, and MRI imaging.
- Demonstrates use of universal precautions and other precautions as appropriate.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiological Technology and/or completed and passed an approved course in MRI technology.
- ARRT(R)(MRI) registry is preferred
- Two years Radiological Technology experience is required in this field