SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Corpus Christi Medical Center – Corpus Christi, TX
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women’s Health Center
Corpus Christi Medical Center is currently looking for a Radiology Technologist.
- Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
- Adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
- Operates stationary equipment and/or portable equipment used in the Emergency Department, Operating Room and at patient bedside.
- Assists Physician with invasive procedures.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
- ARRT Certification
- Current state licensure or permit to practice medical imagining
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support