SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Corpus Christi Medical Center – Corpus Christi, TX
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women’s Health Center
Corpus Christi Medical Center is currently looking for an Ultrasound Technologist.
- The sonographer (ultrasound technologist) performs direct patient care within the scope of the technologist.
- Performs the primary function of acquiring images of anatomy with ultrasound equipment of all assigned patients, infancy through life span in the inpatient or outpatient setting.
- Responsible for meeting the established policies/standards of practice for this facility.
- Identifies problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patients - plans and carries out individualized imaging and related patient care.
- Daily use of analytical and decision-making skills.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement.
- Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other customers.
- Promotes a supportive, teamwork-oriented environment.
- Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values.
- Graduate of an accredited sonography program.
- Current ARDMS (AB) (RVT) required.
- Basic Healthcare Provider (BLS) Certification required
- Previous ultrasound experience preferred.