Rome, GA, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Redmond Emergency Medical Services
Shift Details: Full Time Mixed Shifts
Redmond Regional Emergency Medical Services
(EMS) operates three services in three counties; Floyd, Polk and Chattooga. As
a 911 EMS provider, Redmond provides primary coverage these areas with stations
located throughout our zones to provide maximum coverage and speedy response
Redmond EMS is looking for a Paramedic to join their Team. Apply now!
- To provide quality BLS, ALS and
emergency care to patients requiring EMS procedures in accordance with
established Georgia Scope of Practice and protocols
- To provide safe and effective
transportation of patients to and from predetermined locations.
- To ensure
emergency vehicles and equipment are maintained and in a state of readiness at
- This Employee shall perform daily duties at stations to maintain a
clean and organized environment.
- Employee must actively assure appropriate
movement of vehicles to ensure zone coverage and low response times at all
- Employee shall actively communicate to other EMS staff and Command
Staff to ensure effective communication across all levels.
- To set example and
be a role model for other EMS personnel by not participating in poor behaviors,
rather living the CARE values.
- Will be accountable to exemplifying excellent
service behavior to patients, clients, visitors, physicians, co-workers,
- Show courtesy, personalized attention, respect, compassion and timely
responsiveness to all customers at all times.
- Employee participates in regular
drills and special events to assure adequate staffing and appropriate training
- Employee actively seeks out education opportunities and takes
responsibility in maintaining personal and state mandated education needs
within education policy guidelines
- High School Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of an accredited Paramedic Training Program
- Experience in the field of Emergency Medical Services with ALS or BLS experience preferred
- BCLS, ACLS (Only required If employee is a Paramedic), Equivalent in Pediatric (EPC, PALS, PEEP) (within 60 day of employment) and Trauma (ITLS, ATT, PHTLS) (within 60 day of employment)
- Current Georgia Paramedic License Other: Current insurable Class "C" Driver's License or higher
Additional Job Duties:
- Works primarily in EMS performing functions as listed in job purpose. Hours are variable, based on department needs.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, lifting heavy weights when providing patient care.
- Must be able to handle high levels of stress. Must be able to problem solve and handle emergency and crisis situations. Ability to handle regular interaction with associates, patients and/or family members. Requires above average people skills.