SHIFT: No Weekends
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center provides comprehensive health care to residents of Williamson and surrounding counties. As a leader in the region, St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center provides leading edge care in Cardiac Services, Emergency & Trauma, Surgical Services, Orthopedics & Joint Replacement, St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute and Rehabilitation, a 24/7 Emergency Department & Level II Trauma Center.
Responsible for coordinating and directing a specialized surgical unit or service(s) and for assisting management in planning and coordinating peri-operative care for the surgery patient. The Supervisor assumes the functions of the Director of Surgery in his/her absence.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans and directs patient care.
- Reviews schedule for number and types of cases.
- Insures availability of specialized supplies and equipment.
- Establishes and maintains inventory par levels.
- Demonstrates ability to meet changing needs of patients.
- Delivers age appropriate care to patients.
- Accepts patient care assignment when necessary to facilitate schedule.
2. Plans and directs staff activities.
- Makes personnel assignments.
- Facilitates orientation of new employees.
- Completes and/or assists annual performance of assigned staff.
- Serves as a resource for staff and other health care team members.
- Counsels employees appropriately concerning work performance issues.
3. Assists in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Insures availability of safe equipment.
- Participates in Process Improvement activities.
- Takes appropriate action to manage/prevent accidents in the O.R.
- Ensures that all equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately.
4. Participates in unit activities.
- Assists with budgeting and inventory control.
- Participates in staff and self-development.
- Performs competencies as outlined by the O.R. Staff Nurse Competency Checklist.
- Demonstrates positive customer service skills.
- Facilitates cohesiveness of Surgical Services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: RN with minimum of one year O.R. experience.
Preferred: B.S.N. with minimum of three years supervisory experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
Required: Licensed by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners
AHA BLS at time of hire. AHA ACLS w/in 6 months of hire for new employees.
Employees hired before 3/25/2014 have until March 31, 2015 to get ACLS.