SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Laboratory Supervisor - Laboratory
Founded in 1952, Mainland
Medical Center has been part of Galveston County for more than 55
years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care
facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services.
Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty
Mainland Medical Center
is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals,
outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic
imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health
programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas
residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the
changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical
technology. Our services include:
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and
- Emergency Services
- Occupational Health and
- Senior Mental Health
Mainland Medical Center is currently looking for a Laboratory
Supervisor - Laboratory.
- Performs and supervises accurate and
appropriate diagnostic testing, phlebotomy, and clerical procedures in accordance
with the laboratory’s written policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing, monitoring, and
reviewing quality assurance/control on diagnostic testing and for initiating
appropriate corrective action on exceptions.
- Responsible for monitoring all patient test
results for accuracy: must ensure that
all corrective action on exceptions were
appropriate, and that instrument/reagent systems function and maintenance were
performed and appropriate.
- Monitors reports for accuracy and for
appropriate documentation of abnormal/critical values.
- Monitors stat and routine turnaround time for
appropriateness, initiates corrective action on exceptions.
- Oversees scheduling of personnel and ensures
that staffing needs are provided.
- Assists with evaluation of equipment, reagents,
- Assists in documenting and evaluating the
performance of MT’s, MLT’s, Phlebotomists, and Clerical personnel.
- Develops, revises, and maintains policies and
- Assists with maintaining accurate billing
compliance and correcting billing errors.
- Assists in working with Kronos time-clock,
payroll, and productivity.
- Develops CQI indicators; compiles information;
makes recommendations; ensures corrective action and evaluates effectiveness.
- Collaborates with technologists, physicians,
nurses, and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding each patient's
diagnostic laboratory testing.
- Works with professional and non-professional
employees of the hospital and with physicians, patients, and their families.
- Requires BS in Medical Technology with
certification as MT or CLS from ASCP, AMT, or NCA.
- Requires three years recent experience under a
qualified director/manager in a clinical laboratory performing high complexity
- Necessitates an in-depth knowledge of
techniques, principles, and instrumentation, and their relationships.