SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Laboratory Supervisor - Laboratory
Founded in 1952, Mainland
Medical Center has been part of Galveston County for more than 55
years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care
facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services.
Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty
Mainland Medical Center
is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals,
outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic
imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health
programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas
residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the
changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical
technology. Our services include:
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and
- Emergency Services
- Occupational Health and
- Senior Mental Health
Mainland Medical Center is currently looking for a Laboratory
Supervisor - Laboratory.
- Performs and supervises accurate and
appropriate diagnostic testing, phlebotomy, and clerical procedures in accordance
with the laboratory’s written policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing, monitoring, and
reviewing quality assurance/control on diagnostic testing and for initiating
appropriate corrective action on exceptions.
- Responsible for monitoring all patient test
results for accuracy: must ensure that
all corrective action on exceptions were
appropriate, and that instrument/reagent systems function and maintenance were
performed and appropriate.
- Monitors reports for accuracy and for
appropriate documentation of abnormal/critical values.
- Monitors stat and routine turnaround time for
appropriateness, initiates corrective action on exceptions.
- Oversees scheduling of personnel and ensures
that staffing needs are provided.
- Assists with evaluation of equipment, reagents,
- Assists in documenting and evaluating the
performance of MT’s, MLT’s, Phlebotomists, and Clerical personnel.
- Develops, revises, and maintains policies and
- Assists with maintaining accurate billing
compliance and correcting billing errors.
- Assists in working with Kronos time-clock,
payroll, and productivity.
- Develops CQI indicators; compiles information;
makes recommendations; ensures corrective action and evaluates effectiveness.
- Collaborates with technologists, physicians,
nurses, and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding each patient's
diagnostic laboratory testing.
- Works with professional and non-professional
employees of the hospital and with physicians, patients, and their families.
- Requires BS in Medical Technology with
certification as MT or CLS from ASCP, AMT, or NCA.
- Requires three years recent experience under a
qualified director/manager in a clinical laboratory performing high complexity
- Necessitates an in-depth knowledge of
techniques, principles, and instrumentation, and their relationships.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.