SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Well known as a Denver institution and a 9th Avenue landmark for more than 60 years, Rose Medical Center has earned a reputation as Denver's "Baby Hospital" while becoming a leader in comprehensive women's services, internal medicine, endoscopy, heart and vascular care, orthopedics and total joint replacement, bariatric surgery, sports medicine and aesthetic surgery.
With origins in Jewish teachings, traditions and community, Rose's founders built the hospital to "serve the need of every creed." By offering a high level of expertise and service across all disciplines, Rose has truly become a destination hospital, attracting patients from throughout Colorado and around the world.Position Summary:
The IV Therapy / Interventional Radiology Registered Nurse (PICC RN) position demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills in the care of his/her patients.
- The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety, and learning needs of the individual patient.
- The Registered Nurse may rotate to areas other than his/her assigned service area(s), and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency.
- The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at RMC.
- The Registered Nurse displays positive support for the values and mission of RMC.
- The IV Nurse serves as a patient advocate and provides patient care through the development and implementation of ongoing systems and practices that promote and maintain quality nursing care for patients throughout the facility who need IV therapy.
- Perform Lab testing as assigned based on protocol of each test, documenting results and communicating criticals as defined. Complete competency as required.
- Follow lab testing safety guidelines, maintenance and QC completion/documentation, and proficiency testing as assigned. Follow "good lab practice" in testing and initiate corrective action as issues occur with test system or result.
- Educational records (diploma or transcript) are mandatory for staff performing non-waived testing.
RN License in the State of Colorado. Compact license acceptable but must obtain Colorado state license within 90 days of hire. Current BLS certification through American Heart Association. Current PICC certification
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
2-3 years experience in a specialty unit; 2-3 years IV therapy and PICC experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at RMC. Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. The IV Nurse must be able to function independently, be multi-task oriented, and show excellent prioritizing skills. He/she must have extensive knowledge of vascular access devices and excellent IV skills.
Degree of Supervision Required:
Under supervision of Clinical Radiology RN Lead and Director of Patient Care Services