SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Center – Kingwood, Texas
Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) PRN - Laboratory
The most advanced
hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard
at Kingwood Medical Center. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system,
Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained
at top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center also provide the communities
of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the
health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
• 382 licensed beds
• 24-hour emergency room
• Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and
• State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis
and treatment plans
• Inpatient rehab for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries
• Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary
Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
• Women’s Center and
pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
Kingwood Medical Center is currently looking for a Medical
Laboratory Technician (MLT) PRN – Laboratory.
- Responsible for knowledge in use of all
laboratory forms, requisitions, logs and departmental charges.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of specimen
requirements, processing, handling and rejection criteria.
- Possess the ability to perform manual and
automated test procedures and is responsible for reporting laboratory results
including special calculations, critical values, and quality control.
- Must demonstrate the ability to operate and
maintain laboratory instrumentation and perform minor troubleshooting.
- Complies with hospital policies and procedures,
including technical, safety, infection control and disaster policies.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and
skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational,
safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, adolescent, adult
and geriatric population.
- He/she will perform tasks as assigned by the
Supervisor within his/her scope of training.
- Associates degree in medical laboratory
technology required or equivalent in work experience
- One year experience in a clinical
- MLT (ASCP) preferred or Registry eligible as a
Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment and
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good manual dexterity