SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Center – Kingwood, Texas
Medical Technologist (MT) PRN -
The most advanced
hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard
at Kingwood Medical Center. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system,
Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained
at top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center also provide the communities
of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the
health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
• 382 licensed beds
• 24-hour emergency room
• Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and
• State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis
and treatment plans
• Inpatient rehab for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries
• Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary
Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
• Women’s Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists
Kingwood Medical Center is currently looking for a Medical
Technologist (MT) PRN - Laboratory.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform manual and
automated test procedures, accurately report laboratory results, to
include perform special calculations, and report critical values.
- Performs and reviews quality control; decides if
results are within acceptable limits; researches problems and documents.
- Must ensure automated equipment is operational by
performing required maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting
procedures daily or as needed.
- Must be knowledgeable of specimen requirements,
processing procedures, and specimen rejection criteria.
- Must be familiar with the use of laboratory forms,
requisitions, to include the laboratory information system.
- Must understand and remain compliant with hospital and
- Assist in the evaluation of new procedures and
- Participates in opportunities for continuing education
and/or teaching, training according to the section performance standards
to enhance technical skills.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill
necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational,
safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, adolescent,
adult and geriatric population.
- He/she will perform tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
within his/her scope of training.
degree from an accredited college or university in Medical Technology or
related area of specialty.
year experience in a clinical laboratory
with basic laboratory equipment and procedures.
verbal and written communication skills.
(ASCP) or equivalent.
or certification/registry eligible as a Medical Technologist required.