Why Choose North Suburban?
• North Suburban has beautiful new ORs thanks to a multimillion dollar investment two years ago
• North Suburban will transition from a Level III to a Level II trauma center in the next year, providing the opportunity to work on exciting, life-changing trauma cases, in addition to elective cases, and be part of helping to shape this transition during 2015
• Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for 4 years in a row – only 1 of 2 in Colorado hospitals to achieve this recognition the last four years
• Received The Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Center Recertification
• Received the top rating (an “A”) on the Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety score in Fall 2014 survey
• Received Chest Pain Accreditation through the Society of Chest Pain Centers
• Honored by March of Dimes for having zero elective deliveries before 39 weeks
• Honored with the “Excellence in Patient Care” award by the Studer Group in recognition of our consistent performance in top-quality patient care
• Ranked one of the top five safest hospitals in the Denver area by a Consumer Reports study on several safety measures
The Endoscopy Technician displays positive support for NSMC, as well as the HealthONE/HCA Corporation.
· The Endoscopy Technician performs assigned tasks and activities according to skill level and patient needs as assessed by the RN.
· The Endoscopy Technician supports nursing personnel in the provision of care to patients, and assists with providing a safe, clean, organized environment for healthcare delivery.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide assistance during procedures performed in the department.
· Responsible for setting up the required equipment and supplies as needed for the assigned cases, pulling necessary supplies and equipment, and cleaning scopes at the end of the procedure.
· The Endoscopy Technician is responsible for knowledge about the endoscopes, equipment, and supply needs for all types of procedures.
· When the need arises, the technician will perform other duties as delegated by the supervising RN.
A. Licensure/Certification/Registration: BCLS required
B. Education: Nursing assistant certification or Medical assistant certification preferred.
C. Experience: One-year hospital experience preferred.
D. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of basic clinical practices, procedures, and standards. Ability to work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care. Basic knowledge of computer systems and good interpersonal skills. Communicates professionally and positively with internal and external customers. Demonstrates strong organizational and critical thinking skills.Apply Now