DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
1. Completes pre-operative assessments and interprets data to formalize an individual plan of care for surgical patients. Evaluates the patient's plan of care to insure positive patient outcomes.
2. Demonstrates competency in circulating cases as it relates to unit scope of care including planning and efficiently providing equipment and supplies based upon physician/patient needs.
3. Demonstrates competency in utilizing principles of aseptic technique in creating and maintaining a sterile field.
4. Administers medications and solutions in the O.R. including monitoring the physiological status of patients.
5. Maintains accurate documentation to ensure accountability and accurate precise charging.
6. Provides a safe environment for the surgical patient during their perioperative experience.
7. Promotes cost containment while delivering quality patient care within the operating room.
8. Participates in department on-call assignments and demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed.
9. Serves as a professional member of the OR team and pursues own professional growth and development.
10. Adheres to hospital policies and procedures; supports the mission of the hospital.
11 Demonstrates flexibility to perform other functions within Surgical Services to assist in the smooth operation of the department.
Required: Graduate of an accredited Professional Nursing program.
Required: Minimum one year experience as a Perioperative RN or completion of a Perioperative Nurse course.
Required: Current Commonwealth of Virginia licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse or eligibility for licensure through reciprocity.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now