SHIFT: Weekends Only
Come join us at John Randolph Medical Center! Founded in 1915, John Randolph Medical Center has grown into a 147-bed facility committed and dedicated to serving the entire Tri-Cities Region. As a member of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) family we pride ourselves on providing the highest level of healthcare.
A top performing hospital recognized by the Joint Commission, John Randolph Medical Center has also received recognition from the American Association of Respiratory Care and our emergency room is stroke and chest pain accredited. We remain focused on continuously expanding our services and technology, enabling us to provide quality services to our community.
Are you ready to take your imaging career to the next level? Are you a patient centric professional who embodies HCA’s mission to commit to the care and improvement of human life? If you’re proactive, goal oriented team player with the ability to work independently this Radiology Technologist position is perfect for you!
The Radiology Technologist conducts radiologic procedures to provide data to assist in the diagnosis of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to.
- Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
- Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs x-ray therapy on patients.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
- May administer barium salts or other chemical mixtures.
- Operates stationary equipment and/or portable equipment used in the Emergency Department, Operating Room and at patient bedside.
- Takes pictures and develops film.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients.
Shift times: Weekends Only
We value you and your future. HCA is proud to offer great leadership, a nurturing environment, many opportunities for growth and development, competitive pay and great benefits including multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, apply today!
HCA is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 178 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the “Worlds Most Admired Companies” and “World’s Most Ethical companies”
REQUIRED: Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology. Responsible for continuing education credits as mandated by the ARRT for licensure
Required: American Registry of Radiologic Technology (within 6 months of hire)
Required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider
Preferred: Society of Radiologic Technology
Preferred: Virginia Society of Radiologic Technology
PREFERRED: One-year as a staff technologist