OB Surgery Technician PRN
Englewood, CO, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
The Obstetrics Technician will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide assistance during surgical procedures performed in the department. The OB Technician is experienced in all aspects of aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases; pulling cases as needed, breaking down cases at the end of the procedure. He/She is knowledgeable regarding instrumentation, equipment and supply needs for all types of surgical procedures. The OB Technician performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at SMC. Under direction of RN, provides assistance in patient care to assigned patients in accordance to patient care standards in a comprehensive manner through the use of nursing process. The Obstetrics Technician performs clerical and receptionist duties in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of SMC.
- Current BLS Certification, Operating Room Technician Certification preferred or current Colorado Certification as Nursing Assistant.
- Graduation from an accredited program for Operating Room Technicians.
- 1-2 years experience as OR Technician preferred, but not required.
- Basic to advanced knowledge in the scrub role and responsibilities for all types of surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.