SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Swedish Medical Center is proud to offer comprehensive emergency care to the Lakewood and surrounding western Denver communities through the Swedish Belmar ER. Belmar ER was created to serve as an extension of Swedish Medical Center. Our free-standing ER is conveniently located on the northeast corner of the S Wadsworth Blvd and W Alameda Ave intersection. We offer full-service emergency care at our location in alignment with Swedish Medical Center’s standard of high quality service.
Swedish Belmar ER is a full-service 24-hour emergency room offering care seven days a week. At the facility, we have nine private patient rooms and a full range of services on-site, including diagnostic imaging, radiology scans and health analysis through our laboratory. All of the medical images and scans taken can be digitally transferred to the main Swedish hospital campus and to your physician’s office for shared viewing via the Picture Archiving Communications System (PACS).
Swedish Belmar ER is staffed by board-certified adult and pediatric medicine physicians, experienced nurses, radiology and laboratory technicians as well as on-call specialty physicians available for various health consultations.
- Performs all technical procedures, maintains knowledge of all procedures and protocols pertinent to the department.
- Maintains proficiency in performance of technical procedures, including venipuncture, capillary puncture and bleeding times on patients of all ages.
- Collects and processes specimens on patients of all ages as required.
- Performs test requests and chart results on patients with many different clinical conditions (from screening of healthy outpatients up to and including the major, complex intensive care patients) and all age ranges from newborns to geriatric patients.
- Assists the clerical duties of the department.
- Performs required function verification of equipment.
- Communicates with other allied health care professionals and patients according to job requirements.
- Performs testing in clinical Lab departments as assigned, following the policies and procedures of that department.
Equipment Listing: to include that instrumentation in two assigned departments in the laboratory: i.e. Hematology, Chemistry, or Blood Bank in addition to the following list.
1. Computer 4. Printers
2. Copy Machine 5. Blood Drawing Equipment
3. Fax Machine 6. Centrifuges
Qualifications Position Requirements
MT(ASCP), or specialty, or
eligible for registry or equivalent or MLT or equivalent expertise in the
clinical laboratory field.
Associate Degree in related science
required. Bachelor’s Degree in related
years of clinical laboratory experience.
have effective verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate
in a clear, concise manner with coworkers, physicians, nursing staff and
patients. Must demonstrate above average manual dexterity. Must have the
ability to type proficiently (at least 30 words per minute) and to have working
knowledge of laboratory computers and instrumentation.
Degree of Supervision Required
Minimal supervision; individual
proceeds on his/her own initiative in compliance with policies, procedures and
practices prescribed by the immediate supervisor, except in situations not