SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Respiratory Therapist, Per Diem- Night Shift
JFK Medical Center
JFK Medical Center has evolved into a 472-bed acute care medical/surgical facility and healthcare complex specializing in cardiovascular care, neuroscience, oncology services, orthopedics and bariatrics as well as Women’s Services. JFK Medical Center is also a teaching facility for medical residents. Our level of service and team of professionals rank among the best in the nation. Our people possess the perfect combination of professionalism and compassion. Our overall mission is to enrich the lives of our patients by providing care that never quits. Our determination shows through in everything we do from hiring the best, most qualified people, to creating a dynamic work place where ongoing educational opportunities are a top priority.
What makes us special…
The City of Atlantis is located near the coastal cities of Lake Worth and Boynton Beach. Close to the Beach, Trendy Restaurants and Shopping Malls. There’s a little something for everybody.
On site benefits for JFK Medical Center include Child Care (6 weeks to pre K), JFK Charter School (K -5), car detailing, car repair, ship-a-weigh program – shipping packages anywhere in the US from our loading dock for 40% off, gym with personal trainer FREE, and much more!
JFK Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
The Respiratory Therapist provides treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Delivers and assesses responses to ordered therapy per plan of care including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures.
- Utilizes various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas equipment such as masks, tents and incubators.
- Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol drugs.
- Measures ventilatory volumes, pressures and blood gas analysis.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition and general acceptance of treatment.
- Performs a variety of duties related to setting up, operating, cleaning, sterilizing, and storing respiratory therapy equipment.
- RRT Florida State License Required.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, and NRP Certifications required
- Graduate of Respiratory Care program accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- 1 Year of RRT Acute Experience Preferred, New Grads who Completed Clinical in Acute Setting May Apply!