SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Part Time - Days (rotating weekends)
Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the
phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. It is
licensed for 116 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital
Safety Grade A. We offer a full array of services including 24/7 emergency
care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, inpatient rehabilitation,
orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient
surgeries and procedures.
Northeast Methodist Hospital is an accredited Chest Pain
Center and is a Certified Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. We are
recognized as an Accredited Heart Failure Center by the Healthcare Colloquium
and as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission. Our
hospital has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality
Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures
outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who
suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. For
more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
and select Northeast Methodist Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
The Food Service Worker assists with the preparation of foods and beverages for patient tray lines by cleaning work areas, equipment, and utensils, set up, and service. Serves a range of hot and cold food items.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates the correct operation and cleaning of the Dish machine. Completes the dish room operation in a timely manner.
2. Demonstrates appropriate pot and pan washing, sanitizing, and drying when utilizing a three- compartment sink. Organizes and replaces service ware to appropriate location.
3. Cleans and maintains work areas, including floors, facilities, utensils, and equipment; collects and removes garbage/trash from designated containers to the outside dumpster .
4. Understands basic diet restrictions as applied to late tray operations, and adheres to established procedure to meet the diet restrictions, and delivers the late trays in a timely manner.
5. Delivers/retrieves food carts to/from patient units in a timely manner while adhering to established. procedures.
6. Checks and records dish machine temperatures at specified times, and check for appropriate sanitizer in sanitizing solutions.
Qualifications Minimum Education and Experience:
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date